Project Manager Wanted At Barminco; Established in 2007, AUMS is a leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African mining industry, supported by a safe and performance orientated culture. We believe in investing in the development of our people and back them with state of the art equipment and world’s best practice.
We are actively seeking experienced Project Managers to join us on our various sites across West and East Africa on an 8 week on, 4 week off roster FIFO Ex-Any Capital City in the World.
Project Managers are accountable for the sites performance across safety, environment, social engagement & profitability. Along with strong leadership and management skills your success will be determined by your ability to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the project to maximize shareholder returns while sustaining excellence in customer satisfaction.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors by maintaining compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations, policies & procedures.
- Ensure mining physicals are achieved as per contract/client schedules.
- Build a high performing, commercial and customer focused culture.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct regular analysis of costs and create and implement initiatives to reduce costs, to improve the profitability of the contract.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal obligations, including current legislation associated with mine safety, employment, occupational health and safety, licensing, etc.
- Transparent communication with the Operations Manager in all relevant matters that may have significant effect on the profitability, reputation and public profile of AUMS.
- Provide effective people management, including demonstration of leadership, understanding of the local employment legislation and ensuring adequate training, with the aim of improving retention, reducing turnover and maintaining an appropriately skilled workforce.
- Management of site based functions, such as Maintenance and Mining Engineering, as well as any other services undertaken in the contract. This includes, adjustment of schedules, mining equipment, machinery and consumables.
- Financial management according to the contract and service agreement with our clients, including submission of progress claims and variations as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the organization by working effectively with other managers and staff in meeting agreed objectives.
- Utilize functional advisors and resources, to assist in maximizing site profitability.
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Accountability for performance with a first class safety ethos
- Strong and well developed leadership skills with a proven track record of coaching, mentoring and managing a multidisciplinary underground contracting environment
- Extensive experience in a similar position within Underground Mining, preferably for a large Contractor.
- Previous demonstrable management experience successfully operating a project that delivers world leading production rates and outputs, with large scale underground modern mobile fleet and driving operational efficiencies with a focus of critical path scheduling.
- Be mine engineer degree qualified and/or have evidential detailed analysis and contract management skill.
- Have your First-Class Mine Mangers Certificate of Competency or Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency.
- Minimum of 12 years in an underground mining environment
- Significant experience managing and executing Mining Contracts.
- Be client focused with regard to commercial, technical and service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze commercial information and act on it.
- Dependably exercise sound judgement and decisions.
- The ability to influence and engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong observation and analytical skills, along with a keen attention to detail.
Your proactive attitude to safety, focused energy and driven work ethic will see you as a much valued employee in line with AUMS’s values and ‘can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package commensurate to your experience completing our vision of a work life balance in a strong team environment.
Prior to hire you will be required to sit a full pre-employment medical, including vaccinations required for the area you will be working in addition to mandatory fitness for work requirements.